A list of ten things that we’re thankful for this Thanksgiving, all made possible by oil and natural gas. Grab a beverage.
1. Oven Mitts: Fun & fashionable. They’re like kitchen mittens!
2. Tupperware: Perfect for leftovers. Good luck finding a lid to match the bowl.
3. Spatulas: Also useful for keeping those turkey-picking hands away until dinnertime.
4. Non-stick pans: Unlike certain family members, they know when to let things go.
5. Freezers: One stop in the turkey’s housing cycle:
farm, freezer, belly.
6. Wine: One glass during food prep. One glass when guests arrive. One glass for the toast. One glass during dinner. Let’s be honest, it’s not the tryptophan in the turkey.
7. Plastic plates: Better to recycle those plates than that joke Uncle Marty’s told for the last three years.
8. Dishwasher: Or, what we call the family members between the ages of 12 and 15.
9. Flatscreen TV: Because the only thing that brings a roomful of loosely-connected family members together better than a football game… is three football games, back to back to back.
10. Tums: Because too much of a good thing isn’t a good thing.