Fall is in full swing and with it comes those occasional overcast, crisp, and cool days. Whether you’re headed out to cheer on your favorite team or just out and about for some light shopping and a coffee date, we’ve got you covered with the perfect fall outfit essentials. Now, did you know these items are made with byproducts found in oil and natural gas? Yep, it’s true.
- Skinny Jeans. A must-have in any girl’s closet these days, the trusted black skinny jean is a fall staple that goes with just about anything you throw it with. Not to mention perfect to tuck into a pair of fall boots. Just like the Sisterhood of Traveling Pants, they won’t let you down. Spandex is a synthetic fiber made from various petrochemicals that are formed using natural gas.
- Striped Top. This one is easy to wear in any climate. Combine it with a jacket or vest, and you’ve got the perfect nautical touch for your outfit. Rayon and Spandex both are synthetic fibers that are made using petrochemicals (chemicals made from oil and gas).
- Utility Jacket. Need we say more? This jacket is arguably the top fall essential for your closet. It can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. And can be paired with just about any color or shade of top. If you don’t already have one in your fall lineup, trust us, you’ll want one this season. Lyocell and Spandex – both synthetic fibers made from oil and natural gas byproducts.
- Wellies aka Rain Boots. Destroy puddles and look amazing while doing it. The perfect accessory to tie everything together, these are a classic item in anyone’s wardrobe and won’t be going away anytime soon. Synthetic Rubber, which comes directly from petroleum.
- Who says a rainy day means a bad hair day? Not on our watch. A year-round essential, this accessory comes in handy when the temperature drops and the rain begins to fall. But don’t let a boring umbrella dull your outfit. Spice it up with a pop of color or a fun pattern to brighten up the gloomiest of days. Nylon – the first and oldest synthetic fiber, which is made using petroleum.
There you have it, our list of essentials for the perfect fall outfit. All made from components of oil and natural gas, abundant natural resources found in our own nation.